Mark McGuire + Joshua Blatchley Free In-Store Thur Dec 17th

Mark McGuire
Mark McGuire

Mark McGuire, who you may know as one-third of Cleveland noise trio Emeralds, has more than 20 releases under his belt, but none quite like his offering for VDSQ. Of his song "Front Porch Breeze," McGuire says, "It started out as a ten-minute track..I had just come in from outside when I recorded it and I remember my hands being too cold from the wind to play at first. If I had waited a few minutes to start this would probably be a much longer piece."

+

Joshua Blatchley
Joshua Blatchley

Joshua Blatchley fronts the band Mountian Home and his release on VDSQ is his first solo instrumental guitar album. Stereogum praised his music as being "wandering, openly structured, classically tuned atmospherics."

Thursday Dec 17th
7pm